Call For Performers
Thank you for your interest in performing at “Angels & Absinthe 2011”. We are honored to have world-class belly dancers Ariellah and Tempest as our featured performers for the evening.
The show will be at 7:30 pm at The Fox Hole at Atomic Cowboy. The Atomic Cowboy is located at 4140 Manchester Ave, St Louis, MO 63110.
Due to the amount of featured performers, we can only accept a limited number of dancers, so please read the following carefully in order for your amazing talent to be considered for a slot in our show.
– All performers (soloists or part of a troupe) MUST be registered for at least two workshops with our featured instructors Ariellah and Tempest. (You can have one from each instructor or two from one instructor – your choice.)
– Time limits for performances are 4.5 minutes for solos & 6 minutes for duets or troupe routines.
– As this is going to be a dark and alternative belly dance event, we prefer “out of the box” performance styles and routines (i.e., no typical cabaret). This is an opportunity to push fusion to its limit!
– You must download and fill out the applications and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 1, 2011. Forms: A&A Call for Performers-Application & Release Forms
– Please include a video sample of your dancing – you can attach a file along with your completed interest packet or put a link in the body of your email. Please keep in mind this does not have to be the exact dance you are going to do the night of the Angels & Absinthe show – just a representation of you and your style.
– We will notify you by Saturday, February 12, 2011 if you have been selected for a performance slot.
– If performing, please arrive at the venue 1 hour prior to curtain – 6:30 pm.
– If you are selected to be a performer, we will have you send us your music in a MP3 format via email at that time. However, we would also ask that you also bring your music with you the night of the show. Please bring a high quality CD that contains only your performance track. Please check your music on different sound systems prior to the performance.
– Please clearly label your CD with your stage name or troupe name. Please drop off your music at the sound booth upon your arrival to the show and pick it up after the performance.
– Stage makeup is recommended, as there is theatrical lighting at the venue.
– Cover-ups or veils must be worn when not performing.
– Please make sure your costume is properly secured to avoid any costume malfunctions.
– No fire performances or open flames will be permitted.
– No visitors will be allowed backstage!
– NO videotaping the event, please and no flash photography.
– Performers will get a lovely swag-bag for participation!
Please read, sign, and date all of the documents and send them to email@example.com. Priority will be given to dancers who have already registered and paid for their workshops.
We look forward to making this a fantastic event!
Thank you for your participation and support,
Ami Amoré & Exotic Rhythms Belly Dance